The Indiana University Cinema is proud to present its first film festival. The theme of DIVERSITY will offer filmmakers (and non-filmmakers) the chance to create and enter either a short PSA or trailer into competition. Prizes will be awarded including top prize of a MacBook Pro with Final Cut Express. The festival is being produced in partnership with Indiana University’s Office of Diversity Education. Their mission is to be a positive change agent to and for students and faculty via the advancement of cross-cultural dialogue and collaboration in order to promote greater awareness of issues related to culture and diversity. Additionally, they will assist other units in preparing IU students to enter an ever increasingly diverse work force and society. Ultimately, the mission is to provide quality services and programs to as many students and faculty as possible. For more information, please visit www.indiana.edu/~diversit.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Film submissions for the festival can be in either of two categories: :30 – 1:30 minute PSA addressing diversity of any kind
1:30 – 2:30 minute trailer for a film with a theme linked to diversitySubmissions can be made in HD Cam, any broadcast digital format, BluRay or DVD. The festival be open to anyone – however, competition film submissions may not have been screened in a prior festival or commercial broadcast. Films will be screened in a festival later in the spring schedule, with date to be announced. See the ENTRY FORM for additional details for submitting your film.
• All entries must be submitted for preview on DVD
• All entries must either be in English, subtitled in English, silent or silent with music
• Submissions must be postmarked by March 10, 2011
• Entry forms may be photocopied
• All entries must be sent in prepaid and packed containers
• Entries must include a complete list of cast, credits and a self-addressed stamped postcard in order to confirm receipt
• Each entry must include a three- to four-sentence synopsis of the work. The synopsis should be a clear and concise
description of the plot and/or premise of the submission and may not exceed 200 words. The description should clearly show
relevance to the theme of diversity.
• Two production stills should be provided. The synopsis and stills may be used in the festival program and made available
to the media.
• Any press materials (i.e., press kits, press releases, additional images, etc.) must be submitted to the festival office
at the time of acceptance.
• Submitted videos and materials will not be returned.
• The Indiana University does not assume liability for damage to entries due to mishandling or poor packaging during shipping. • Notification of selected entries will be completed by March 20, 2011.
• Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
• Regardless of original format, films must be available in 35mm, HD Cam, DV Cam or DVD format for festival presentation.
• Submit a separate form for each entry.
• Indiana University reserves the right to use submitted materials for promotional items for the festival.
• The Indiana University reserves the right to screen submitted films that are selected for the festival.
• The act of submitting a work constitutes acceptance of the guidelines of the Wide Angle Diversity Festival.
A screening committee views all works. Films chosen for festival screening are judged by a panel of judges comprised of Indiana University alumni, faculty, staff and students. Awards are presented at the discretion of the judges, and a committee selected by the director of the Festival makes any necessary rulings.