Eastern Africa Short Film Competition
For submissions of Short Films from Eastern Africa to be entered into a
competition during the Amakula Kampala International Film Festival that will take place from the 29th of October to 6th of November, 2010 in Kampala, Uganda.
- Eligible are film and video productions from the Eastern part of Africa including Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia, Mozambique, Malawi, Sudan, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Eritrea
- Entries should be no longer than 30 min. and completed after 2008
- Submit material preferable on DVD, or if not available yet VHS-
PAL/NTSC, mini-DV (when selected for screening DVD is required)
- From all categories – narrative, documentary, animation,
- Submission should include detailed synopsis and information on film/video (director, country, producer, medium, length). Please print and fill out the submission form that can be downloaded on the website: www.amakula.com
- English Sub-titles for films with other languages
Deadline for submissions is September 1, 2010
Films short-listed from all submitted works will be shown at the Festival. During the festival an international jury will award the best Eastern African short with the Golden Impala Award.
Send your short films to:
Amakula Kampala Cultural Foundation
PO Box 10020 Kampala, Uganda
For more information check out the website www.amakula.com
Inquiries can be sent to email@example.com
Please note: they are also interested in submissions of videos from these countries longer than 30 minutes. Though not eligible for competition these might be chosen for screening in the festival program.